Sunday, May 24, 2009

So this morning I was awoken by some loud talking outside my window. It was about 6am when three men and two police officers were having a very loud discussion.

From what I can gather, the two policemen pulled over a car on my street in which a large black man was driving. (side note to this story, it is believed that itlians are very racist as well as police officers being very corrupt) As the officers came to the window of the car the driver said good morning to them, which they then replied to wait a minute. Well this sent the man OFF! He started to go nuts, yelling at the cops and swearing. He got out of the car, hes about 300pounds of big (ex-military he claims) man. He starts to call the police racist and that they hate americans. This is how I figured out he is america. Surprise an american went nuts when officers pull him over and ask him to wait. So as this man is loosing it on the cops, the other two men that were in the car started to try to calm him down, and speak to the police. I believe they knew itlian. The weird thing was that the other two men would touch and put their arm around the shoulders of the cops and just kinda lead them back to their cars.

As far as I can tell in italy the police are just for show. Nobody respects them, they dont leave the station. They rarely patrol, they only leave the station if someone calls. Nobody cares if their siren is on. When they get to an intersection they have a small red sign the passenger holds out the window, and this is meant to stop traffic so they can go through the intersection. Its pretty funny.

So after a few minutes of this loud talking, the big man just walks away and goes inside. The cops dont do anything about the swearing and the threatening. They just get back into their car and leave. Almost like they dont care about what happens.

If you speak to some itlian people here, they have no respect and they dont trust the cops.

This really just led me to think that I would like a burger for supper. I think I will go for a walk to find a pub that sells burgers. I think I have passed it before. This is going to be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment